Week 8 Defensive Field of Streams
October 26, 2016 | adam cook
If you have not noticed, I put a lot of streaming defense emphasis on opponent offensive line play. My reasoning is that if the offensive line collapses, the whole offense struggles. Look at Sam Bradford last week and Carson Wentz the last two weeks. The Vikings have a terrible offensive line and the Eagles haven’t been able to move the ball since Lane Johnson got suspended. Let’s recap Week 7 before diving into Week 8.
Get in on the $100K in Prizes!
Join Yahoo’s Yearly DFS League for FREE in the Yahoo Cup Freeroll!
Recap of Week 7 Predictions:
Tennessee Titans vs. Indianapolis Colts – I expected more than the 2 sacks the Titans racked up last week. Their one job was to contain T.Y. Hilton and they were unable to do so.
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Cleveland Browns – They struggled in the beginning of the game, but settled down nicely once Cody Kessler left due to injury.
Tampa Bay Bucs @ San Francisco 49ers – I wish I trusted this pick in my DFS lineups as they only gave up 17 points and had 4 sacks.
Chalk Em’ Up
Denver Broncos vs. San Diego Chargers: 100% owned in Yahoo leagues ($3,700 on DraftKings)
The Chargers offense has been good statistically and were solid in the 1st matchup versus Denver, but this matchup they have to deal with the high altitude. The Broncos still had 2 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries in the Week 6 meeting.
Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears: 98% owned ($4,100)
Cutler is coming back just in time for a prime time matchup against arguably the best defense in the league. I might play a few Sunday-Monday slates just to jam in the Vikings D/ST in DFS.
Carolina Panthers vs. Arizona Cardinals: 63% owned in ($2,900)
Carson Palmer is a shell of his former self and doesn’t look right. Luke Kuechly can help neutralize the one-man offense himself in David Johnson.
Stream Em’ Up
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: 39% owned in Yahoo leagues ($2,800 on DraftKings)
- **Blake Bortles is arguably the worst starting quarterback in the league, and the Titans get him on a short week.
- **The Titans’ sack totals the last 3 weeks are 6, 6, and 2.
- **Bortles has thrown at least 1 interception in 5 out of 6 games played.
- **The Jaguars have the 2nd worst rushing offense in the league, averaging only 76.67 YPG, which makes them one dimensional.
- **The Jaguars only average 7.8 PPG in the 1st half of games, which leads to a lot of sack and turnover opportunities in the 2nd half of games.
New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns: 20% owned ($3,400)
- **The Browns may be down to their 6th starting QB, and Kevin Hogan was cut by the Chiefs earlier this year as a rookie.
- **The strength of the Jets D is their run defense, and that matches up well with the Browns’ strength of running the football.
- **Cleveland has allowed a league high 61 Quarterback hits.
- **The Browns have allowed a 3rd worst 21 sacks so far in 2016.
- **The Jets are coming off a strong performance last week against the Ravens with 2 INT, 1 sack, and 1 fumble recovery.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles: 4% owned ($3,000)
- **The Eagles offense has struggled badly the last two weeks without Lane Johnson.
- **Over the last two games, Wentz has failed to clear 200 yards passing and is only completing 54% of his passes.
- **The Cowboys lack an elite pass rush, but have forced at least 1 turnover and have had at least 1 sack in every game in 2016.
- **The Cowboys have not allowed a team to score more than 20 points over the last 4 games, and that includes games against Aaron Rodgers and Andy Dalton.
- **The Cowboys are fresh off a bye week and have had two weeks to prepare.