Week 7 Defensive Field of Streams
October 18, 2016 | adam cook
You know the NFL rules the fantasy sports community when the interest lasts the whole year and people don’t check out once other sports start. NHL has started and the NBA is a week away, yet participating in those drafts is seen as a hassle because everyone is so focused on Sundays. I have a basketball draft Sunday night and all I will be thinking about is if David Johnson is going to win me a DFS tournament….well, hopefully I will have a nice sweat going. Let’s recap Week 6 before diving into Week 7.
Get in on the $100K in Prizes!
Join Yahoo’s Yearly DFS League for FREE in the Yahoo Cup Freeroll!
Recap of Week 6 Predictions:
Baltimore Ravens @ New York Giants – The Ravens were off to a nice start, and Odell Beckham Jr. briefly left the game. The sad story for the Baltimore DST, however, is Beckham came back and caught two monster bombs. Other than those two plays, the Ravens were a good streamer with three turnovers and a sack.
Tennessee Titans vs. Cleveland Browns – The Titans had 6 sacks. That is good right?
Detroit Lions vs. Los Angeles Rams – This was my worst call last week. How did they allow Case Keenum to be a top 3 QB in Week 6?
Chalk Em’ Up
Denver Broncos vs Houston Texans : 100% owned in Yahoo leagues ($3,800 on DraftKings)
It is no secret that Brock Osweiler is horrible and his homecoming back to Denver won’t go over very well for him. The Texans have allowed a 3rd worst 43 quarterback hits.
New England Patriots @ Pittsburgh Steelers: 97% owned ($2,900)
This pick changed a ton with the injury to Ben Roethlisberger. Landry Jones had 5 turnovers in only 55 pass attempts in 2015. He had a 4 INT game against the Eagles in the preseason.
Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles: 96% owned ($3,700)
The best defense in the league gets a reeling Eagles team who looked horrible last week without Pro Bowl tackle Lane Johnson (suspension).
Stream Em’ Up
Tennessee Titans vs. Indianapolis Colts: 58% owned in Yahoo leagues ($2,500 on DraftKings)
- **The Colts are allowing 3.83 sacks per game!
- **Indianapolis has given up the 2nd most quarterback hits in the league with 46.
- **The Titans defense has been stingy, ranking 11th in the league in yards allowed per game.
- **The Titans have racked up 12 sacks in the last two weeks.
- **For the previous reasons above, they are an absolute steal on DraftKings this week.
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Cleveland Browns: 47% owned ($3,600)
- **After being shredded by Dallas and New England, they are set up for a “get right” game against a winless Cleveland team.
- **The Browns are allowing 3.17 sacks per game.
- **The Browns have given up a league high 48 quarterback hits through 6 weeks.
- **The Bengals have racked up 13 sacks through 6 games.
- **The Bengals are averaging over a turnover per game on defense and are likely to face positive game flow.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ San Francisco 49ers: 3% owned ($3,200)
- **The Bucs are coming off a bye week and have had two weeks to get healthy and game plan for the 49ers.
- **Colin Kaepernick still isn’t good; he went 13-29 passing last week.
- **The Bucs’ weakness is their secondary, but they match up well with San Francisco as they have arguably the worst receiving corps in the entire NFL.
- **The Bucs have 9 sacks through 5 games.
- **Carlos Hyde is questionable and may not play.
- **The Bucs are averaging over one takeaway per game.