Week 6 Defensive Field of Streams
October 11, 2016 | adam cook
I want to start out by thanking Scott Cedar for filling in last week. His YOLO pick of the Buccaneers defense was just fantastic as they tortured Derek Anderson all night long. This streaming defenses thing is not easy, but is necessary for people that aren’t lucky enough to own the Seahawks, Vikings, Cardinals, or Broncos. Interceptions are very hard to predict, but sacks and game flow can influence decisions on who to play. Let’s recap Week 5 before diving into Week 6.
Get in on the $100K in Prizes!
Join Yahoo’s Yearly DFS League for FREE in the Yahoo Cup Freeroll!
Recap of Week 5 Predictions:
Miami Dolphins vs. Tennessee Titans – This looked like a smart play as Marcus Mariota had been a turnover machine, but Mariota played at an elite level this past Sunday. It will be hard to ever recommend the Dolphins defense going forward. They are just bad.
Oakland Raiders vs. San Diego Chargers – Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin had the potential to wreck havoc on banged up offensive tackles from San Diego. The Raiders just couldn’t cover anyone on the back end. The Raiders did, however, manage to force the Chargers into four turnovers, which somewhat made up for giving up 31 points.
Chicago Bears vs. Indianapolis Colts – If you just ignore T.Y. Hilton’s stat line, the Bears defense held up pretty well. They were able to sack Luck 4 times, but were unable to force any turnovers.
Chalk Em’ Up
Arizona Cardinals vs. New York Jets: 98% owned in Yahoo leagues ($3,800 on DraftKings)
Mr. Interception Magic is traveling across the country to play a primetime game in the desert? The Cardinals have sky high upside.
Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts: 85% owned ($2,900)
Despite the loss of J.J. Watt, the Colts’ offensive line is horrible and even allowed 4 sacks to the Bears. The Texans have been much better at home.
Buffalo Bills vs. San Francisco 49ers: 79% owned ($3,700)
The Bills’ defense has been great the last two weeks and Kaepernick scares no one. Can you imagine the crowd’s reaction with Kaepernick as the starter?
Stream Em’ Up
Baltimore Ravens @ New York Giants: 32% owned in Yahoo leagues ($2,600 on DraftKings)
- **I expect the Ravens to play inspired football similar to what the Bills did after firing their offensive coordinator.
- **The Giants’ offense is struggling, and Eli has been unable to get comfortable in the pocket.
- **The Giants are 3rd worst in the league with a -7 turnover differential.
- **Eli Manning is interception prone. and the Ravens are tied for 5th in the league with 6 interceptions.
- **The Giants’ offensive tackles have been awful and can’t block Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil.
Tennessee Titans vs. Cleveland Browns: 6% owned ($3,300)
- **Even DraftKings knows the Titans are a good streamer, jacking their price all the way up.
- **The Titans are better against the run than the pass and that fits perfectly as the Browns want to move the ball by feeding Isaiah Crowell.
- **The Browns have allowed 13 sacks already through 5 weeks.
- **The Titans are tied for 8th in the league with 12 sacks.
Detroit Lions vs LA Rams: 5% owned ($3,000)
- **The well-known weakness of the Lions’ defense is against TE’s and the Rams have no TE’s to worry about.
- **The Rams are struggling to open holes for the only true playmaker on their offense in Todd Gurley.
- **I like to target west coast teams traveling for a 1:00 p.m. eastern start.
- **The Rams have allowed 12 sacks through 5 games.
- **Keenum is averaging 1 interception per game.
- **The Lions are 8th in the league in sacks with 12, and there is a slight hope Ansah returns.