Week 3 Defensive Field of Streams
September 21, 2016 | adam cook
Rookie QBs are headlining the news going into Week 3. Streaming defenses against rookie Quarterbacks used to be the sharp play, but that hasn’t necessarily been the move with Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz setting rookie records for passes without an interception to start their careers. It still may be a thing in Week 3 as the injury bug has led us to new rookie targets in Cody Kessler and Jacoby Brissett. Let’s recap Week 2 before diving into Week 3.
Recap of Week 2 Predictions:
Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears – The Eagles’ stout defensive line continues to cover up their porous secondary. They put up another double digit scoring game and ended up being a great streamer.
New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills – No one saw the Jets giving up 31 points to a Bills team that only scored 7 points the week before. This ended up being a weak call and they better learn how to stop the 9 route as soon as possible.
Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns – The Ravens were my best call in Week 2 as they had a blocked extra point that they returned for a 2 point conversion. Once Josh McCown got hurt, they shut the Browns out the rest of the game.
Get in on the Week 1 DraftKings Freeroll! $100K in Prizes!
Join Yahoo’s Yearly DFS League for FREE in the Yahoo Cup Freeroll!
Chalk Em’ Up
Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco: 100% owned in Yahoo Leagues ($4,100 on DraftKings)
Blaine Gabbert versus the 12th man in Seattle? This could get ugly for the 49ers offense.
Houston Texans @ New England: 95% owned ($3,000)
J.J. Watt is rounding into form, and they get a rookie Quarterback in his first start on a short week.
Cincinnati Bengals vs Denver: 63% owned ($2,800)
Trevor Siemian is not a good Quarterback, Demariyus Thomas is banged up, and the Broncos are on the road for the 1st time this year.
Stream Em’ Up
Baltimore Ravens @ Jacksonville: 30% owned in Yahoo leagues ($2,500 on DraftKings)
- **Despite the preseason hype, the Jaguars are still a horrible 1st half offense.
- **The Ravens haven’t allowed more than 20 points to any opponent so far in 2016.
- **The Ravens seem to be a much-improved defense with Terrell Suggs back and the addition of Eric Weddle.
- **The Ravens’ strength is in their front 7, and they should dominate against a weak Jags offensive line.
- **The Jaguars have no running game, and the below average Chargers defense held them to 14 points.
New York Giants vs Washington: 13% owned ($3,300)
- **The many offseason acquisitions have seemed to really help this defense.
- **“Snacks” Harrison is one of the best-run stuffing linemen in the league, and it is not like the Redskins have a running game anyway.
- **Kirk Cousins seems to be back to his turnover ways.
- **The Redskins have had some serious issues scoring touchdowns in the red zone.
- **The defensive end pair of Jason Pierre-Paul and Olivier Vernon should thrive against whoever lines up across from Morgan Moses.
Miami Dolphins vs Cleveland: 25% owned ($3,000)
- **The Dolphins are the easiest under the radar play, getting to face Cody Kessler in his 1st NFL start.
- **The Dolphins struggled as usual against Bill Belichick last week, but they looked very solid in Week 1 versus Russell Wilson.
- **The Dolphins have a serious defensive line with Suh and Wake.
- **Sack potential is there as Cleveland allowed 3 sacks to Philadelphia in Week 1.
- **Excellent DFS option given their low price.
Hit me up with any questions on Twitter @fantasy_schnerd.