Week 15 Defensive Field of Streams
December 15, 2016 | adam cook
What a whacky Week 14 it was. Melvin Gordon got injured in the 1st Quarter, Dez Bryant scored -1 point, and Russell Wilson threw 5 interceptions. Not to mention a once reliable Drew Brees tore the hearts out of many fantasy owners. Now is the time to not take too many risks with defenses, because as we saw last week there are many risks already in each lineup. All the ownership percentages are going into Wednesday. Let’s recap Week 14 before diving into Week 15. Thanks for reading!
Get in on the $100K in Prizes!
Join Yahoo’s Yearly DFS League for FREE in the Yahoo Cup Freeroll!
Recap of Week 14 Predictions:
Atlanta Falcons @ Los Angeles Rams – This is one of, if not my best, calls of the whole year. 2 touchdowns is awesome right?
Lions vs. Chicago Bears – They didn’t give up many points, which was nice, but they didn’t sack the quarterback or get many turnovers either.
Titans vs. Denver Broncos – They held their own despite allowing Trevor Siemian to throw for over 300 yards.
Chalk Em’ Up
Seattle Seahawks vs. Los Angeles Rams: 98% owned in Yahoo leagues ($4,000 on DraftKings)
Did you see what Goff did last week? Now Goff is on a short week, on the road, and against a better defense than Atlanta. I feel bad if you have to play against the Seahawks’ D in season-long leagues this week.
Minnesota Vikings vs. Indianapolis Colts: 98% owned ($3,500)
The Vikings play better when the Viking horn is going off in the background, and now they host a mistake-prone Andrew Luck. Their price is juicy on DraftKings.
Arizona Cardinals vs. New Orleans Saints: 93% owned ($3,000)
It is no secret Brees falters on the road, and he has thrown 6 interceptions over the last two weeks.
Stream Em’ Up
Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: 45% owned in Yahoo leagues ($3,800 on DraftKings)
- **In Yahoo default scoring, the Jaguars have given up the 6th most fantasy points to opposing defenses.
- **The Texans are the 6th best defense only allowing 318.5 YPG.
- **Houston is only allowing 17.2 PPG at home versus 24.4 on the road.
- **The Jaguars are the 3rd worst team with 25 giveaways in 2016.
- **The Texans have 15 sacks in 6 home games.
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals: 42% owned ($2,800)
- **The Steelers have multiple sacks in 6 straight games and 18 over the last 4 weeks!
- **The Bengals have allowed the 5th most sacks in the NFL with 36.
- **Pittsburgh has given up 20 points or less in 4 straight games.
- **The Steelers’ offense is worse on the road, but their defense is better on the road averaging 7.3 DraftKings PPG compared to 5.8 at home.
- **Cincinnati has limited offensive weapons even if a hobbled A.J. Green returns.
Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears: 32% owned ($3,200)
- **Green Bay has multiple sacks in 4 straight games.
- **They were lost a few weeks ago, but they have turned around their performance allowing 13 points or fewer in 3 straight games.
- **In their first matchup, the Bears only scored a field goal.
- **Jordan Howard is the Bears’ only means of consistently moving the ball; Green Bay only allows 96.2 RYPG.
- **The temperature in Chicago on Sunday is supposed to be a high of 1 degree. Not necessarily the temperature for a shoot out.