Week 14 Defensive Field of Streams
December 8, 2016 | adam cook
Playoff week is here, y’all! December is here and the Holidays are near. December means we need to start paying attention to the weather when streaming defenses. Snow already hit in Chicago and Green Bay and look what it did for those defenses. Pay attention to the weather from here on out as that could open up some ultimate sleepers. Thanks for reading; all my ownership percentages are going into Wednesday. Let’s recap Week 13 before diving into Week 14.
Get in on the $100K in Prizes!
Join Yahoo’s Yearly DFS League for FREE in the Yahoo Cup Freeroll!
Recap of Week 13 Predictions:
Green Bay Packers vs. Houston Texans – Outside of a garbage time long Hopkins touchdown, this defense balled out in the snow.
San Diego Chargers vs. Tampa Bay Bucs – The good Jameis Winston showed up, not the bad one that I was expecting.
Washington Redskins @ Arizona Cardinals – I really liked the Redskins’ defense last week and they burned me big time. The pressure was fine, but their secondary was putrid.
Chalk Em’ Up
Denver Broncos @ Tennessee Titans: 98% owned in Yahoo leagues ($3,800 on DraftKings)
Mariota is still turnover prone, and I have a hard time seeing the Titans moving the ball against the stout Denver secondary, even at home.
Minnesota Vikings @ Jacksonville Jaguars: 96% owned ($3,900)
Just another week of playing an elite defense against Blake Bortles.
Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns: 45% owned ($3,500)
The Browns are most likely starting Robert Griffin III and the Bengals’ D is playing solid. Oh boy.
Stream Em’ Up
Atlanta Falcons @ Los Angeles Rams: 26% owned ($3,100)
- **In Yahoo default scoring, the Rams have given up the 3rd most points to opposing fantasy defenses.
- **The Falcons have multiple sacks in 5 out of their last 6 games.
- **Los Angeles has allowed 7 sacks over the last 2 games.
- **The Rams are last in the NFL only averaging 15.0 PPG.
- **Jared Goff is sitting with a lowly 31.6 QBR, meaning he is not likely to take advantage of a banged-up secondary.
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears: 15% owned ($3,600)
- **The Lions have held their last 4 opponents under 20 points scored.
- **Detroit’s secondary has been playing well with 6 interceptions over their last 3 games.
- **The Bears are 30th in the NFL in scoring, averaging 17.0 PPG.
- **Matt Barkley has thrown 2 INTs in 2 out of his 3 2016 appearances.
- **Chicago has allowed 15 sacks on the road compared to only 8 at home.
Tennessee Titans vs. Denver Broncos: 11% owned ($3,300)
- **The Titans have multiple sacks in 6 out of their last 8 games.
- **They will face Trevor Siemian coming off injury or Paxton Lynch who just threw for 104 yards versus the Jaguars last week.
- **The Broncos are the 6th worst team at giving up QB sacks with 33.
- **Since Week 8, the Broncos are only averaging 3.2 yards per rush.
- **The Titans’ interception totals are increasing with 4 in October and 5 in November.