The Fake Football DFS Reader Leagues!
September 5, 2017 | Ian Goldsmith
It’s that time of year, folks. The Fake Football Reader Leagues are here!
This year we’re trying something a little different. Instead of redraft leagues, we’re shifting to a season-long DFS format on FanDuel. Not only will this put everyone on even ground on a week-to-week basis, but we’ll have a better way of measuring everybody against one another to determine an overall champion!
Why should you join? Besides the fun and great competition, it’s FREE and there are glorious prizes to be won! The top eight finishers (cumulative points for Weeks 1 through 17) at the end of the season will win a six-month premium subscription to FantasyPros!
Thanks FantasyPros! Give their awesome set of tools a look while you’re here as well! — Draft Analyzer Cheat Sheet Creator Draft Assistant Auction Calculator Start/Sit Assistant Waiver Assistant My Playbook Mock Draft Simulator
League winners and overall weekly high scorers will win their very own Fake Football t-shirt! Made from only the finest cotton, this t-shirt will have others looking at you with envy as you walk down the street. Wear it with pride, knowing that you are a Fake Football Champion!
- Sign up for FanDuel, if you don’t already have an account. Your first deposit gets you a free entry into the Week 1 Sunday Million!
- Once you have an account, e-mail us at TheFakeFootball@Gmail.com with your FanDuel username. We’ll need to be able to contact you for address info if you win a t-shirt!
- Join a league by clicking on one of the active league links below.
- Once each league is full, I’ll remove the link and post a new league.
- Each league will consist of 19 reader teams plus me as commish (I’m only there to observe, not to battle for the precious cotton fibers that shall adorn the winners!).
- Readers can only have 1 team. If I see the same FanDuel username in multiple leagues, that player will be ineligible for prizes. Play nice, folks!
TFF Reader League #1 (FULL)
TFF Reader League #2 (FULL)
TFF Reader League #3 (FULL)
TFF Reader League #4 (FULL)
- FanDuel standard NFL scoring rules will be used. You can see their scoring rules here.
- You’ll be able to choose players from the Sunday/Monday slate each week to make your team.
- Each team consists of a $60,000 salary cap, with which you need to fill a roster consisting of QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DST.
- Weekly contests will be posted each week by Wednesday, but likely earlier.
- The overall weekly winner in a given week is the team that scores the most points out of all teams in all leagues for that week.
- The season-long League winners are those teams who score the most cumulative points from Week 1 through Week 17.
The top eight finishers at the end of the season (determined by adding up all scores from Week 1 through Week 17) will win a six-month premium subscription to FantasyPros!
Season-long league winners and overall weekly high scorers get their very own Fake Football t-shirt!
Start your weekly lineup-building research on the right foot by reading Doug Shain’s Hail Mary. Doug spits out over 4,000 words a week to keep you, dear reader, informed about the DFS landscape and ready to rock come Sunday. He sacrifices sleep for your fantasy football benefit, so give him a follow on Twitter.
I’ll be putting together a weekly DFS value play article each week, so keep your eyes posted for that leading up to Week 1. Feel free to contact me on Twitter with any questions about the reader leagues, DFS plays, redraft questions, etc. All of our writers are happy to answer questions!