Quarterback Strength of Schedule
October 25, 2014 | Chet
Check out The Fake Football’s Week 8 NFL DFS Cheat Sheet!
Good afternoon fake footballers. I wanted to take a look see at how schedules stacked up for quarterbacks now that we have some decent statistics to look at and this is what I came up with.
* So Cam Newton has a decided lead when it comes to pass defenses he’ll be facing after the Seahawks this week. His remaining schedule is NO, @PHI, ATL, BYE, @MIN, @NO, TB, and CLE. Cleveland is the best pass defense of that group statistically and probably in reality as well. I might be looking to get Cam in leagues I have Jay Cutler in, who has a tough schedule.
* Drew Brees’ strong schedule is a little more subdued from game to game, but he has a nice playoff schedule and five of his last eight games are at home and so are two of his three fantasy playoff games.
* Zach Mettenger could possibly start off hot and ride an easy schedule with very little running game and a good receiving core. I’m not going to put money on it, but in two QB leagues I could see trying to grab him.
* After his bye, Matt Ryan gets Tampa and Carolina, but unfortunately they are on the road. That decimated offensive line might scare me off for the time being.
* Eli Manning has a nice playoff schedule and should be on your radar at the end of the season.
* Tom Brady has a tough schedule, but you know what he can do when everything is clicking. So I usually down downgrade top quarterbacks against tough defenses as much as I upgrade all quarterbacks against easy defenses. But I’m not going to be targeting Brady in a trade anytime soon.
* Jay Cutler takes on Dallas, New Orleans then Detroit in the fantasy playoffs. If you think Dallas’ pass defense is for real, which I do to an extent, then you have two tough matchups and one great one in your fantasy playoffs. Those are games you have to win, so I’ll either try to upgrade or find a streamer for the tougher games. It’s not an exact science and we know Cutlr and company can score on just about anyone, but I like to hedge my bets.
Below here you can see the rankings I smushed together to find my overall pass defense rankings above here. The higher the number, the crappier the defense.