Fantasy Football Week 4 Defensive Field of Streams
September 30, 2016 | adam cook
One of the new trends I will be looking at for defensive streaming are west coast teams having to travel to the east coast with 1:00 p.m. EST starts. Keep in mind this correlates to 10:00 a.m. on the west coast. Last week the Bills were a league winner hosting the west coast Arizona Cardinals. This influenced my decision to go with the Jets as a streamer in Week 4. We will recap next week to see how that decision turned out. Let’s recap Week 3 before diving into Week 4.
Week 3 Predictions:
New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins- The Giants defensive line did not dominate as I expected and couldn’t force any Kirk Cousins patented red zone turnovers. Hence, the Giants ended up losing this game and Odell Beckham Jr. has a big knot on his head.
Baltimore Ravens @ Jacksonville Jaguars- The Ravens defense was an excellent stream and forced a few turnovers as predicted. I have been riding the Ravens defense as a streamer each week so far and when their ownership increases I will have to look elsewhere.
Miami Dolphins vs. Cleveland Browns- This was the chalky pick last week and they did nothing to hurt or help you. Cody Kessler played better than expected.
Chalk Em’ Up
Arizona Cardinals 99% owned in Yahoo leagues vs. Los Angeles Rams- I expect a big bounce back by the Cardinals defense after an embarrassing loss last week versus the Bills. The Rams won last week, so naturally they should lose this week.
New England Patriots 94% owned in Yahoo leagues vs. Buffalo Bills- The Patriots have had a long week to prepare for a Buffalo offense without Sammy Watkins. Sign me up.
Stream Em’ Up
New York Jets 43% owned in Yahoo leagues vs. Seattle Seahawks- $2800 on Draft Kings
- Russell Wilson is banged up and his potential loss of his mobility hurts his greatest weapon, his legs.
- The strength of the Jets defense is the defensive line and the weakness of the Seattle offense is the offensive line.
- The Bills proved last week that targeting an east coast defense hosting a west coast team in an early start could provide a lot of upside.
- The Jets are tied for 7th in the league with 9 sacks through 3 weeks
- The Seahawks offensive line has allowed 7 sacks already despite Wilson’s escapability.
- The Seahawks have allowed a league high 22 QB hits.
New York Giants 16% owned in Yahoo leagues @ Minnesota Vikings- $2900 on Draft Kings
- There is no doubt the Vikings are a Super Bowl contender, but without Adrian Peterson their offense is not Super Bowl caliber.
- “Snacks” Harrison should shut down Jerick McKinnon and Jason Pierre-Paul and Olivier Vernon are a two man wrecking crew on the outside.
- The Vikings lost starting left tackle Matt Kalil last week.
- Sam Bradford is no mistake free quarterback.
- I see this game being a 16-13 blood bath.
Washington Redskins 29% owned in Yahoo leagues vs. Cleveland – $3500 on Draft Kings
- I like the Redskins defense better at home than if they were on the road.
- The Browns have allowed 10 sacks and 21 quarterback hits so far in 2016.
- Outside of Josh Norman, the strength of the Redskins defense are pass rushers Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith.
- The only wide receiver weapon Cleveland has right now is Pryor and Norman should be able to eliminate him.
- Does anyone expect Kessler to actually play well 2 games in a row?
Follow: Adam Cook @fantasy_schnerd