The Fake Football DFS Reader Leagues – Week 16 Results
December 28, 2017 | Ian Goldsmith
Week 16 is in the books, and FanDuel user and Fake Football reader ejbelair came out on top to win a stylish Fake Football t-shirt! ejbelair is also on the way towards winning a six-month premium subscription to FantasyPros! AND this trophy from FantasyTrophies.com!
With a score of 158.28, ejbelair utilized high scores from Todd Gurley, Blake Bortles, and Le’Veon Bell to take the victory in Week 17. Great job! Here is the winning lineup:
League Leaders Through 16 Weeks
Reader League #1: ejbelair – 1,943.52
Reader League #2: jswede4722– 1,853.46
Reader League #3: mrkeen– 1,847.2
Reader League #4: amishmike2424 – 1,870.96
With only one week to go, the race is on for the top 8 spots and a six-month premium subscription to FantasyPros! Here are the top 8 players through 16 weeks. It will take a monster week to dethrone ejbelair for the title, but stranger things have happened in fantasy football!
1. ejbelair – 1,943.52
2. amishmike2424 – 1,870.96
3. johnwbell – 1,856.28
4. jswede4722– 1,853.46
5. argos1979 – 1,850.54
6. mrkeen– 1,847.2
7. noguffer – 1,843.84
8. nomarbles – 1,812.52
Feeling left out of the game? Had a bad first couple weeks elsewhere and need another league so you can start fresh? Join us in the reader leagues! You will not be eligible for season-long prizes at this point, but you can still win your very own Fake Football t-shirt if you come out on top for the week! Made from only the finest cotton, this t-shirt will have others looking at you with envy as you walk down the street. Wear it with pride, knowing that you are a Fake Football Champion!
To join, click the link below:
Don’t have a FanDuel account? Follow the steps below to create an account and join our reader leagues!
- Sign up for FanDuel, if you don’t already have an account. Your first deposit gets you a free entry into the Week 17 Sunday Million!
- Once you have an account, e-mail us at TheFakeFootball@Gmail.com with your FanDuel username. We’ll need to be able to contact you for address info if you win a t-shirt!
- Join a league by clicking on one of the active league links.
- Each league will consist of 19 reader teams plus me as commish (I’m only there to observe, not to battle for the precious cotton fibers that shall adorn the winners!).
- Readers can only have 1 team. If I see the same FanDuel username in multiple leagues, that player will be ineligible for prizes. Play nice, folks!
Remember to start your weekly lineup-building research on the right foot by reading Doug Shain’s Hail Mary. Doug spits out over 4,000 words a week to keep you, dear reader, informed about the DFS landscape and ready to rock come Sunday. He sacrifices sleep for your fantasy football benefit, so give him a follow on Twitter.
Want more in-depth help? Check out The Fake Football DFS Cheat Sheet and Optimizer!
- FanDuel standard NFL scoring rules will be used. You can see their scoring rules here.
- You’ll be able to choose players from the Sunday/Monday slate each week to make your team.
- Each team consists of a $60,000 salary cap, with which you need to fill a roster consisting of QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DST.
- Weekly contests will be posted each week by Wednesday, but likely earlier.
- The overall weekly winner in a given week is the team that scores the most points out of all teams in all leagues for that week.
- The season-long League winners are those teams who score the most cumulative points from Week 1 through Week 17.
The top eight finishers at the end of the season (determined by adding up all scores from Week 1 through Week 17) will win a six-month premium subscription to FantasyPros!
Season-long league winners and overall weekly high scorers get their very own Fake Football t-shirt!
The overall season winner will win a trophy from FantasyTrophies.com!