Week 9 Defensive Field of Streams
November 2, 2016 | adam cook
I work in property management for a living and every day is different. The business of property management keeps me interested in going to work everyday and, just like in the NFL, each week has new surprises. We think we know which defenses are going to dominate. Thinking we can predict the NFL led to everyone playing the Vikings defense against the Bears on Monday Night and Jordan Howard dominated them. All we can do is try our best, and here I am to try my best here in Week 9. Let’s recap Week 8 before diving into Week 9.
Recap of Week 8 Predictions:
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars – The Titans DST was looking like an awesome streaming pick….and then garbage time occurred. All we can accurately predict is Blake Bortles for 3 quarters.
New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns – The Jets gave up 20 points in the 1st half and then buckled down. Okay performance, but nothing special.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles – The Eagles went with a quick pass offense as Carson Wentz did not attempt a pass over 20 yards down the field the whole game. This limited the Cowboys’ upside.
Chalk Em’ Up
Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions: 98% owned in Yahoo leagues ($4,000 on DraftKings)
The Vikings are coming off two straight road losses, and I am expecting an angry team returning home.
Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants: 87% owned ($3,100)
The Eagles cause havoc and chaos to every offense they face and now they get a struggling Giants offense. I love the Eagles D/ST in GPPs in DFS.
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: 86% owned ($3,500)
The Chiefs have racked up double digit fantasy points in 2 out of 3 home games and now get a struggling Blake Bortles who has decided to work on his mechanics halfway through the season.
Stream Em’ Up
Green Bay Packers vs. Indianapolis Colts: 44% owned in Yahoo leagues ($2,700 on DraftKings)
- **The Colts have given up the 4th most fantasy points to opposing defenses in Yahoo default scoring.
- **The Packers have multiple sacks in 6 out of 7 games.
- **The Colts have allowed a league high 31 sacks.
- **Green Bay only allows 19.3 PPG at home compared to 24.3 on the road.
- **The Packers are tied for the league lead allowing only 3.3 rushing yards per attempt.
San Diego Chargers vs. Tennessee Titans: 10% owned ($3,000)
- **The Chargers have been a much better defense with a healthy Joey Bosa.
- **The Chargers have multiple sacks in 7 out of 8 games.
- **The Chargers are only allowing 20.7 PPG at home compared to 27.6 on the road.
- **The matchup turns out well for the Chargers as the Titans are a run first team and San Diego is only allowing 3.8 yards per carry.
- **San Diego has at least 1 interception in 7 out of 8 games.
Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets: 4% owned ($3,100)
- **The Dolphins have been on fire at home with back to back wins hosting Pittsburgh and Buffalo and have had 2 weeks to prepare for Fitzpatrick.
- **The Dolphins have 6 sacks over their past two games.
- **The Jets are 28th in the league in scoring, averaging 18.8 PPG.
- **The Jets lead the NFL with 12 INT’s thrown.
- **In their 4 home games in 2016, Miami has totaled 10 sacks.