Did you have the demoralizing task of watching Thursday Night Football while your opponent had Doug Martin “muscle hamster-ing” his way to roughly 196 fantasy points? Were you face down in a bucket of miniature Snickers bars when Adrian Peterson broke his 64-yard touchdown run while later realizing you are playing both he AND Percy Harvin in week 8? Put down the Halloween candy (tough, I know) and listen to us fine folks from The Fake Football, you can still come out victorious in week 8! The only missing ingredients to your comeback cocktail are right here, in The Fake Football Week 8 War Room. Give those knuckles a stern cracking and dig in…
– Just in case your favorite fantasy team is floundering at 0-7 or 1-6, or in case you just love fantasy and gambling (which is everyone), make sure to join our Week 8 Fanduel contest. The entry fee is only $1 and the total payout is a whopping $200. SIGN UP HERE!
– If you do enjoy indulging in the world of Fanduel, you can check out our Week 8 FanDuel bargains somewhere in THIS GENERAL AREA.
– Make sure your stat game is tight this week, and feast on this bounty: The Week 8 Matchup Machine, and defensive performances vs. Quarterbacks, vs. Runningbacks, vs. Wide Receivers, and vs. Tight Ends.
– Looking for a defense for week 8? We have got you covered with the Week 8 installment of “Dreaming of Streaming.” Dig it.
– For those difficult lineup conundrums, we ever so proudly present the Week 8 Start/Sit and Week 8 Last Second Decisions articles for your perusal. If these two don’t cover any lingering questions hovering around your fantasy team, I owe you a nickel.
– Below you will find the lines, totals and if you click ye olde link, it will take you to the detailed weather forecast, i.e. Frankendoom!
Injury Questions (We’ll update as news comes in)
Jordy Nelson is a true game time call. Randall Cobb and James Jones get huge boosts if he doesn’t go and Donald Driver would become a bye-week filler. (NELSON is INACTIVE)
Bilal Powell is out and Joe McKnight is a game-time call which mean Shonn Greene could see the bulk of the carries.
Trent Richardson practiced the last three days and Coach Shurmur says he has looked good. He’s risky, but worth a flex. Montario Hardesty is not worth a start.
Donald Brown will play and split time with Vick Ballard. What the split will be is unknown to us unfortunately. Both are desperation plays. (BROWN is ACTIVE but will backup Ballard)
Aaron Hernandez is OUT.
Isaac Redman had a limited practice on Friday. He might play, but Jonathan Dwyer is set to start with Rashard Mendenhall out. (Redman is OUT)
4 pm —
Ahmad Bradshaw was limited in practice on Friday and has a bone bruise on his footsie. He’ll play.
8:30 pm —
Jimmy Graham made the trip to Denver and is a game-time call. The chance look decent that he will play. Try to secure Tamme, Dreessen or Thomas in case he is a scratch.
Finally, for your enjoyment, are the Week 8 Staff Rankings from myself, DJ Jazzy Chet, and the one and only Gregsauce. As always, feel free to leave those lineup head scratchers in the comments below!