Attention to all FakeFootballers!
Here’s another week of injury rundowns for all of you! Looking at the injury reports, a lot more information was provided throughout Saturday hence you’ll be getting this report just in time for opening kicks! Check it out!
ATL @ WAS
- Pierre Garcon is listed as probable and should be closer to 100% against the Falcons. He played a limited number of snaps last week and only had one 20-yard reception. I don’t want to keep my hopes up here to be honest, I don’t think the Falcons’ secondary is going to let up easily too.
- Julio Jones is listed as probable and is going to be out there, how many passes will his catch or drop, or how effective he’s going to be, we don’t know. I would suggest believe in Julio and start him at all costs.
PHI @ PIT
- Rashard Mendenhall is ready to play but isn’t ready to be inserted in any lineups just yet, so sit him for a bit and watch the Steeler backfield unfold. I’d say pick him up if he’s on the wire still.
- James Harrison and Troy Polamalu are both listed as probable, good indication that they’re playing. They said they wouldn’t rush anything and now that they are listed as probable I’d go ahead and give the Pit defense a nod.
GB @ IND
- The Colts’ defense is horrid right now. Dwight Freeney is questionable still and should be sitting out another one. Corners Justin King and Vontae Davis are both sitting out with groin and ankle injuries. I’m guessing it’s going to be a free for all for the Packers this Sunday.
- Greg Jennings is out, James Jones looks like a good plug-in again.
NYG @ CLE
- Hakeem Nicks will be out and so will Ramses Barden. Domenik Hixon seems to be getting more popular emerging as one of the best plug ins for Sunday. He went for 114 yards on 6 receptions last week and should continue to do so at Cleveland.
- Trent Richardson missed practice because his girlfriend gave birth and reports all indicate that the new father will be ready for Sunday.
- The Browns’ WR woes continue as Josh Gordon and Greg Little will both get nods because Mohamed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin don’t look like they’re playing. I wouldn’t start either nonetheless, even if Corey Webster is listed as questionable.
MIA @ CIN
- Ryan Tannehill was placed on the injury report with a thumb injury on his throwing hand, I won’t be concerned as to whether or not he’ll be able to play, I’m more concerned about his chances of replicating anything close to last week. I personally stuck him in there as my plug in so let’s go Tanny!
- Reggie Bush is better and I’m expecting nothing less from him. Start him at all costs! He’ll be better this week, I promise.
BAL @ KC
- Torrey Smith is listed as probable because he rolled his ankle a couple of weeks ago, I don’t doubt that he’s playing though, should be a standard start for him.
- Peyton Hillis is still out so I’m hoping to see more workload for Jamaal Charles, and by workload I don’t mean 17 carries like last week, I want 25 or more. Come on guys, he’s the only thing that’s working on your roster, give him the damn ball.
TEN @ MIN
- Jake Locker out, Hasselbeck in. I don’t mind Hasselbeck as a spot start this week if your QB is on a bye, it can’t be that bad. I have him on one of mine and I’m hoping he does really well. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jake Locker but I also have CJ0k in a few leagues so I want the Titans to do well.
- Kenny Britt seems like a no-go after suffering another setback in practice this week, I’m expecting Jared Cook to play though, and I’m expecting more targets at him with Hasselbeck at the helm.
- Christian Ponder and Jared Allen are on the Vikings’ IR, both as probable, I wouldn’t be too concerned, they should be a go.
SEA @ CAR
- Marshawn Lynch is listed as probable only because he was rested during the week. He’s in my top 3 running backs this week against a very soft Panther frontline.
CHI @ JAC
- Laurent Robinson is out for this one because of a concussion, which should be no news to you guys, he’s also part of the non-existent Jaguar passing game.
- Matt Forte practiced fully and is ready to play. I’m still not so confident about his numbers thus far though. He’s averaged at least 4.0 YPC this year but Bush is still there and is still the problem.
DEN @ NE
- Aaron Hernandez is listed as questionable but I don’t think he’ll play. He hasn’t gotten full practices in and I doubt if they just plug him in there.
- Rob Gronkowski is a different story though, he’s listed as questionable but I would be surprised to see him miss a beat.
BUF @ SF
- Scott Chandler hit his head but is ready to go, he’s up against the 49ers though, I’m not so thrilled with it. He’s worth a stash though, especially with alternating TE’s.
- Brandon Jacobs is back and Gore owners are looking to sell high before this week starts, I honestly think that he will fail and Gore will maintain his value.
SD @ NO
- Lance Moore is out with a hammy injury, that means more balls for Graham, Colston and Sproles!
HOU @ NYJ
- Ben Tate is expected to play and even at less than 100%, he should be a good spot especially if the game is a blow out.
- The Jets are still the Jets.
That’s it for week 5 folks! Follow me on twitter! @chrisdco for any questions, suggestions and comments!
Good luck fellas!