Here at The Fake Football, we are going to close our eyes, take a deep breath, and pretend that Thursday night never happened. No single digit pouting performance from Cutler, no excruciating drop from Marshall, no boring performance from Rodgers and certainly no high ankle sprain fiasco for Forte.
The new plan of attack, my football friends, is to give our fantasy leagues a swift boot to the backside and swipe some victories whether we were victims of a disastrous Thursday or not. Consider this your headquarters for Sunday domination, where you can find every last inch of information needed to make your lineup decisions a piece of cake…or pie…or steak…or whatever you enjoy grubbing on the best day of the week, Sunday.
Below are the finest tools that The Fake Football has to offer. If you still find yourself torn about a lineup decision after devouring this fine collection of week 2 forecasts, feel free to leave your questions in the comments below.
- Start your morning with Chet, Greg, and Jeff in The Fake Football Staff Consensus Rankings. Look at them, learn them, love them.
- Next, make your way over to the greatest machine in the history of machines…better than pinball machines, copy machines, and the Angel’s #3 hitter. It’s the Matchup Machine!!! Join our man Scott, as he looks at some matchups of note and schools you in the sweet science of fake football efficiency.
- Defenses are up next on the trek toward Sunday dominance, as Chet takes a look at statistics from defenses that your players will be dealing with in his latest edition of fantasy strategery. On the other side of the peso, join C.D. Carter as he digs deep into the decision of what defenses to stream in the week 2 installment of Dreaming of Streaming.
- Still not settled on who will start and who will ride pine? Scope out Mike Braude’s weekly Start/Sit column, and get his take on the prime players to trot out against your opponent, and the ones to send to the showers.
- In this week’s Last Second Decisions, Kevin covers the win, place, and show of the lineup decision trifecta as he tackles the “injury watch,” “role circus,” and “matchup alerts.” Great information to add to your weekly reconnaissance mission.
- The last piece of the Sunday preparation jigsaw puzzle is the list of game day actives & inactives. The following pack of training table talent will be updated throughout the morning:
Hakeem Nicks: ACTIVE and starting
Steve Smith (car): ACTIVE and starting
Jonathan Stewart: ACTIVE – DeAngelo Williams will start
DeSean Jackson: ACTIVE and starting
Jeremy Maclin: ACTIVE and starting
Pierre Garcon: Questionable — ESPN reporting he is unlikely to go. Err on the side of caution.
Nate Washington: Questionable
Ryan Mathews: Adam Schefter is reporting Mathews is OUT.
Antonio Gates: Questionable
Feel free to fire up those questions in the comments below. Good luck, and let’s go get some wins in week 2!