Week 14 Injury Rundown
December 9, 2012 | ChrisDCo
Alright fake footballers, we’re starting crunch time here at TheFakeFootball HQ. It’s going to be a very crucial week for a lot of you vying for playoffs spots or jockeying for position, but also, some of you are starting the playoffs this week, so make sure you read through the Week 14 Injury Rundown!
BAL @ WAS
- Pierre Garcon is listed as probable still but seems to have gotten over that hump, everyone’s high on the Skins and their offense this week, I don’t want to agree just yet though. Something tells me these Ravens will show up on the road to clinch their playoff berth.
- Some concerns about the Skins’ defense today. Lendon Fletcher played last week despite a questionable tag tallying up 12 tackles, he’s still listed as questionable so barring a set back he should be okay.
- Their top CB DeAngelo Hall is still not 100% and has a questionable tag as well.
KC @ CLE
- Brandon Flowers is a game-time decision against the Browns, I would take till the last minute I could if I’m thinking whether to start Josh Gordon or not. I’m keeping him on the bench if Flowers is playing.
- Tamba Hali is listed as probable, but should be good to go.
SD @ PIT
- Big Ben is back and is listed as probable and everyone expects him to play. His teammates say “He looks good” so we’ll take it from them. Put up the Steeler receivers a few notches up.
- Some good and bad for the Steeler defense, Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark are both making strides in terms of health and continue to start and get more involved. They do lose Ike Taylor due to a leg injury he suffered last week. It’s hard to imagine the Chargers showing up though, Norv Turner is about to get the boot.
TEN @ IND
- Donald Brown was ruled out so that gives Vick Ballard a bump on offense. Ballard has excellent hands and although he hasn’t proved to be a reliable runner just yet, I’d say he’s going to be a great flex with a huge upside against the Titans, especially in PPR leagues.
NYJ @ JAC
- An ugly game in the making. I’ll make this short and relevant. The Jets defense.
- Dustin Keller is out, Mark “The Sanchize” Sanchez is starting.
- Cecil Shorts is out, Rashad Jennings is out, MJD is still out, Justin Blackmon will see a lot of Antonio Cromartie.
CHI @ MIN
- Michael Bush is listed as questionable, but is expected to play in a minimal role. I’m hoping he doesn’t steal more touchdowns from Matt Forte, for my sake.
- Devin Hester and Alshon Jeffrey are both listed as probable and should be available for the Bears this afternoon.
- The Bears will be without their top linebacker in Brian Urlacher, more Adrian Peterson please.
ATL @ CAR
- Michael Turner is listed as questionable but is expected to play, expect a split in carries with Jacquizz Rodgers.
- Asante Samuel missed practice and is listed as questionable. I’m not expecting Samuels to play with the Falcons already clinching their post season spot.
- Jonathan Stewart remains sidelined, which gives a minor bump to DeAngelo Williams again, expect 15-16 carries.
- Brandon LaFell is listed as questionable and is not expected to play.
PHI @ TB
- Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy are out again, probably going to shut them down. Nick Foles and Bryce Brown, again.
STL @ BUF
- Danny Amendola missed some and is inactive this week.
- Stevie Johnson is listed as questionable but the Bills expect him to play.
DAL @ CIN
- Not much here, except this will be a beautiful game to watch. I’d say best 1PM game this afternoon, or maybe a tie with the Bears and the Vikings.
- Mike Nugent is not kicking today, by the way.
MIA @ SF
- Ugly game.
ARI @ SEA
- Beanie Wells is expected to play despite the questionable tag, producing is another story, especially against the Seahawks at home.
- Sidney Rice is listed as probable and said he’s okay after his fall last week.
NO @ NYG
- Hakeem Nicks is listed as questionable but is expected to play, I honestly think he’s going to get there this Sunday.
DET @ GB
- Titus Young and Ryan Broyles are out tonight, expect Mike Thomas to make a start opposite Calvin Johnson.
- Jordy Nelson is out with a hamstring injury, I want more Finley!
- James Starks is also out so expect Alex Green to be their main back.
HOU @ NE
- Jonathan Joseph is listed as probable and the Texans expect to have their top CB against the Patriots.
- Ben Tate is also expected to return, serving as their back up RB.
- Rob Gronkowski is still out, no practice whatsoever.
That’s all she wrote folks. Good luck with your week 14 match ups!