Week 11 Injury Rundown
November 18, 2012 | ChrisDCo
As we reach the final stretch, these injuries may just catapult you into the playoffs from this week on! Read the injury rundown and reap rewards! To the playoffs we go!
PHI @ WAS
- Michael Vick is out, and Nick Foles can’t be that bad. I’d want to say that we’ve seen Michael Vick’s last stint as an Eagle and maybe as a legit NFL starter but we’ve seen crazier things happen.
- Jeremy Maclin is listed as probable with a back injury and reports say he’s going to suit up and play.
- Santana Moss and Pierre Garcon are both expected to play despite their nagging injuries. I like Garcon against the Eagles secondary, we all know they can’t cover.
- DeAngelo Hall is listed as probable and should suit up for the Redskins.
GB @ DET
- The Packers have been talking about balancing their attack with ground work so I’m expecting splits between all three backs, including John Kuhn who is back from a hamstring injury.
- Greg Jennings is still out, Jordy Nelson put in an entire week of practice, that makes him along with James Jones and Randall Cobb excellent options in what should be a high scoring affair with divisional rivals.
- Clay Matthews has been ruled out in this contest, and the Packers will still be without safety Charles Woodson. In addition to that, Sam Shields has a questionable tag on him, I’m thinking of a field day for Calvin Johnson. Yes, the Lions’ WR’s are all good to go and hungry for a win.
ARI @ ATL
- Michael Turner is listed as questionable but reports indicate he’s playing through his groin injury. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of Rodgers this week, finally.
- Julio Jones wasn’t able to practice the entire week despite coming back in the second half of last week’s loss to the Saints, I’m thinking the Falcons are just being cautious here and Jones should be available against the Cards, keep an eye out before game-time to get a decision.
TB @ CAR
- Doug Martin!
CLE @ DAL
- Trent Richardson is coming off a bye and should get around 25 or more touches.
- Joe Haden is questionable with an oblique injury, he traveled with the team to Dallas so this is going to be a tough call. Tony Romo might just have his best game of the season without the Browns’ already troubled secondary without it’s best CB.
- DeMarco Murray is listed as doubtful, and we’ll probably won’t see him on the field.
NYJ @ STL
- I don’t see anything of relevance here, just going to say start Amendola.
JAC @ HOU
- Owen Daniels is a game-time decision but pulled in a full practice week, I’m expecting him to be out there, but I can’t see much usage for Daniels here. The Jags have been stingy against TE’s and the Texans don’t need much from him to bust this game wide open.
- Rashad Jennings gets another start as MJD is still out.
CIN @ KC
- Andrew Hawkins is listed as questionable, if he doesn’t suit up, more targets for A.J. Green. Oh happy day.
IND @ NE
- Vontae Davis still remains sidelined for the Colts, I’d say it’s going to be another normal day at work for Brady and the gang.
- The Patriots’ injury report is again filled with senseless tags. Sifting through it we can say that Aaron Hernandez is sitting out for another week, and everyone else is suiting up for a field day against the Colts.
NO @ OAK
- Darren Sproles is listed as questionable this week, I’d say it’s too risky to even start Sproles even if he says he’ll play. Chris Ivory, Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram are contributing in their own little ways so even in a close match up, I can’t see Sproles’ usage going up.
- Darren McFadden is still banged up, I’m guessing it’s gonna be that way for the rest of the season unfortunately. Marcel Reese is going to pick up the slack, definitely a start in PPR leagues.
- Darrius Heyward-Bey is a game-time decision, if he does sit, Rod Streater will be a sneaky play against the Saints’ secondary.
- Brandon Myers will also see some good action after getting cleared earlier in the week.
SD @ DEN
- Ryan Mathews is a game-time call and I’m expecting him to be in the game, split carries with Jackie Battle and Ronnie Brown. I’m not so sure if Ryan Mathews will even come back from his horrid season.
- Denver’s all lined up and ready to roll, these guys are serious contenders for the bowl this year. Everyone is healthy and a must-start.
BAL @ PIT
- Surprisingly, Big Ben Roethlisberger is actually sitting this one out. Byron Leftwich is starting in his place and I’m not so sure how that will pan out. I’d avoid the Steelers this week.
- Another blow to that offensive unit is that Antonio Brown is sitting another week out. Emmanuel Sanders didn’t really show up last week, and it’d be hard to see how better he’d do this week without Big Ben.
- Brett Keisel, Ryan Clark and Ike Taylor are all probables but should suit up against the Ravens tonight. Troy Polamalu is still out.
CHI @ SF
- Disaster awaits the Bears as they’re going to have to rely on their top ranked defense more than ever this season. Jay Cutler will be out and Jason Campbell will get the nod. Questions about Marshall being a must-start against the 49er defense remains the biggest question of the week. I’d say I could find better options. This is going to be a low-scoring one.
Good luck ladies and gents!