This is it. No more mock drafts, and certainly no second chances at real drafts. We have spent every day since Welker’s drop and the Giant’s win last February waiting for the NFL to return in full force, and it’s finally on our doorstep. Consider this your home for Sunday morning. In between checking your kielbasa and pouring another bloody mary, make this the Main St. of your Fake Football lineup preparation.
Before we get into the roughly 2.7 million running backs who are questionable this week, check out the following links that will make your lineup decisions much easier, and save you some money on TUMS…
– First up, make sure you scope out the “Braude” street bully, Mike Braude’s Week 1 Start/Sit article here at The Fake Football. Chances are, he has already solved a couple of your week 1 conundrums in this post . Go get it.
– If you are hanging on the edge on an injured player, or have a tough Sunday morning choice on the horizon, check out our man ChrisDCo’s Injury Rundown, and Kevin’s Week 1 “Last Second Decisions.”
– Outside of The Fake Football family, make sure to bookmark Rotoworld’s Evan Silva’s matchup column each week. This beast is the most thorough fantasy recap of upcoming NFL action on the planet. You will be smarter than John Clayton after reading this column regularly. Great stuff.
– While you are checking in on our friends at Rotoworld, be sure to keep tabs on our fearless leader, @Chet_G, and his Preseason Target Watch. This will give you an idea of what to expect in week 1 for fake football receivers.
– In case you are holding one of the three pieces of the Redskins backfield Rubik’s cube, the good folks at Yahoo give us a nice overview of the muddled Washington backfield and the hijinks that may ensue.
– The last two staples that will make you the unquestioned Lord of Fantasy Lineups, are The Fake Football Staff Rankings, and of course, the Week 1 Matchup Machine. Do you have a toss-up between a few players for your flex position? The answer is undoubtedly answered by the matchup machine. Check it out.
Check below for status updates on the mountainous heap of questionable running backs before Sunday’s games begin.
Adrian Peterson- Active but will share carries with Toby Gerhart.
Arian Foster- Active and will start.
Trent Richardson- Will start.
Alfred Morris- Will start.
Marshawn Lynch- Q
Beanie Wells- Reported that he will back up Ryan Williams. Avoid starting.
Jonathan Stewart- OUT – Start DeAngelo Williams.
Isaac Redman- Will start.
As always, feel free to let those start/sit questions fly below in the comments.
Week 1! Let’s go get some WINS!!!
Jeff was the only 7th grader at Sumner Jr. High playing fantasy football in 1995. When he isn't on the diamond playing softball or on the couch watching NFL RedZone, you can catch him on Twitter @Jeff_Brubach.
Latest posts by Jeff (see all)