Attention to all FakeFootballers!
Here’s another week of injury reports for all of you. I’m sticking to this format as it seems to be the most efficient of the 3. Please give me a shout at @chrisdco! Here’s this week’s match ups, with complete injury analysis!
NE @ BUF
- Aaron Hernandez is still out but everyone expects that. What’s unexpected is the late addition of Rob Gronkowski to the injury list with a hip problem. I honestly think he will play, just because he’s the Gronk and has played through minor injuries previously. He’s the type of player that you just can’t sit.
- Here come’s the tricky part. C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson are both questionable but the Bills claim that both will suit up come Sunday. I’m expecting Jackson to get the nod as a starter and Spiller will come off and maybe, just maybe take 10 touches. The only reason I’d say play either one is because they’re against the Pats and I’m expecting scores on both sides.
MIN @ DET
- Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph and Jared Allen are all listed as probable and should start come Sunday. I’m expecting another high scoring game in this one.
- Stafford is listed as probable and should be good to go as well. This could easily be his breakout game after a slow start this season. With Mikel Leshoure questionable and the Lions’ lack of faith in Kevin Smith, I’m expecting them to go pass heavy against the weak Viking secondary. Titus Young is also probable and should be a go.
CAR @ ATL
- Jonathan Stewart is listed as probable but I think the now 3-headed monster of running backs will be all green against the Falcons.
- Chris Gamble is also listed as probable but is expected to play and maybe hinder one of the Falcons’ WR’s production, probable Julio Jones’.
SF @ NYJ
- So I’m not so sure how to put this. They say that the Jets’ season is over now that they’ve lost Revis for the year, I said their season was over before it even started. I can’t picture how the Jets’ offense will run against the Niners. Now I can’t even pretend that I can picture their defense being half as effective. Oh by the way, Stephen Hill, is injured and is doubtful to play. And if anyone is wondering he’s the only Jet who was a bright spot back in week 1.
- Vernon Davis is listed as probable and should suit up at New York come Sunday.
SD @ KC
- Finally, we don’t see Gates and Mathews in the Chargers’ IR.
- Peyton Hillis has been in a walking boot all week long and is doubtful to play on Sunday, expect a workhorse load for Jamaal Charles this Sunday, I’d start him in all cash games this week.
- Dwayne Bowe’s status was kind of blurry earlier this week, he did turn in a practice on Friday so I’m expecting him to suit up and help in this divisional match up.
TEN @ HOU
- The Texans’ big three in the offense are listed as probable, Matt Schaub, Arian Foster and Andre Johnson are expected to continue to roll with their perfect record.
- Trouble for Jake Locker and the Titans as Jared Cook and Kenny Britt are both listed as questionable. Cook is said to be okay as he turned in a full practice on Friday but Britt’s practice-less week is not so convincing.
SEA @ STL
- Steven Jackson is still listed as questionable and is a true game time decision according to Jeff Fisher. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jackson sits this one out completely to fully recover from the injury or get destroyed by the Seahawks’ run defense. The Rams are also leaning towards the pass this season, Sam Bradford is showing some stride and Fisher likes what he sees. I’m going to pass on Jackson this Sunday, not even a flex play.
MIA @ ARI
- Beanie Wells is finally out of the way, and I’m expecting Ryan Williams to take full advantage of it, some how. He’s a flex play for now with huge upside, look for 15-20 touches a game from here on out.
- Reggie Bush is listed questionable with a knee injury, but all reports point towards the RB playing against the Cardinals this week. He practiced on Friday so I won’t be afraid to play him.
OAK @ DEN
- Willis Mcgahee and Jacob Tamme are listed as probable and both are expected to suit up.
- Darius Heyward-Bey won’t be dressing up for Sunday’s game even if listed as questionable because he hasn’t passed his concussion test yet. It’s really just Palmer, McFadden and Moore in this offense. I could easily see Denver shutting them down big time.
CIN @ JAC
- Rashad Jennings is listed as probable and should finally be back after two weeks of sitting. I do find some interest in seeing how much he’ll be used. He is a viable handcuff, but I’m thinking maybe a poor man’s Ben Tate. Might be a long shot simply because we haven’t seen much of his game but I’d bet on it with the right odds.
- Laurent Robinson turned in a couple of full practices this week and should be good to go.
- Leon Hall is out for the Bengals this week, so maybe, just maybe, a lucky Jaguar receiver this week. Don’t shoot me if they mess up like usual.
NO @ GB
- Greg Jennings is listed as probable while having limited practice all week. I want to assume that it’s just a precaution on the Packers’ side and he should be ready to destroy the Saints from the slot.
WAS @ TB
- Garcon is probably one of the slower healers in the NFL. He had a slight upgrade this week from being doubtful to questionable. He’s been limited in practice all week and knowing the Redskins, they’re not going to play him. I wouldn’t even take the gamble on it.
NYG @ PHI
- Hakeem Nicks is doubtful with the knee woes and I’m expecting him to sit another one out and get the knee fixed for good. The Giants already showed that they can play without him so I’m anticipating another exciting Sunday Night match up.
- Domenik Hixon has practiced and should be good to go despite being listed as probable. I’d plug him in with the absence of Nicks.
- Ahmad Bradshaw is also listed as probable and should play, though I smell splitting snaps with up and comer Andre Brown.
CHI @ DAL
- Just the regulars for the Cowboys, Miles Austin, Jason Witten and Demarcus Ware are all listed as probable, I doubt if they miss the Monday Night game but check in again on Sunday.
- Forte is the real question here, he’s listed as questionable and has been limited in practice. I’d check in again on Monday morning for a status update.
That’s all for this week folks! Good luck in your games! Cheers!
Don’t forget to follow me on twitter @chrisdco