The Injury Rundown: NFL Week 1
September 7, 2012 | ChrisDCo
Welcome Ladies & Gents!
It’s that time of the week again! I’ll be updating this column regularly, Wednesdays to give everyone an idea of sits and starts, fill-ins and pretty much everything injury related! Below is the list of each team’s injury lists.
For more updates please follow me on twitter @chrisdco.
I’ll be going in-depth with players that have more relevance in fantasy land after every team list!
- QB Kevin Kolb Probable – Ribs
- QB Max Hall Probable – Shoulder
- RB Beanie Wells Probable – Knee
- RB Ryan Williams Probable – Knee
- RB LaRod Stephens-Howling Questionable – Groin
- WR Early Doucet Probable – Back
- WR Andre Roberts Probable – Neck
- TE Jeff King Probable – Quadriceps
- TE Todd Heap Questionable – Lower Body
- TE Robert Housler Questionable – Hamstring
-Both Beanie and Ryan Williams will get a shot against the Seahawks Saturday night, both will play and split reps.
-Kolb is out, Skelton is in, it shouldn’t really matter if he plays or not.
- RB Jason Snelling Probable – Lower Leg
- WR David Reed Out – Knee
- TE Ed Dickson Probable – Shoulder
- TE Dennis Pitta Probable – Hand
- WR Steve Johnson Probable – Groin
- WR David Nelson Probable – Knee
- WR Brad Smith Questionable – Groin
- WR Dorin Dickerson Questionable – Thigh
-Steve Johnson says he’s not 100% yet but will give it a go against the Jets this Sunday.
- RB Mike Tolbert Probable – Quadriceps
- RB Jonathan Stewart Questionable – Ankle
- WR David Gettis Out – Knee
- WR Louis Murphy Probable – Hamstring
- WR Steve Smith Questionable – Foot
-Steve Smith is good to go at 100%, he’s been great at practice and should start with confidence.
-I’m not concerned at all with Tolbert as he looks like he’s ready for week 1.
-I would pass on Stewart, I don’t think the Panthers are going to risk anything especially with Williams and Tolbert in the fold.
- WR Johnny Knox Out – Back
- TE Matt Spaeth Probable – Leg
- QB Andy Dalton Probable – Arm
- RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis Probable – Foot
- RB Bernard Scott Questionable – Hand
- TE Jermaine Gresham Questionable – Knee
-The Bengals announce Dalton won’t miss the opener although he’s still on their list.
-BJGE’s sitting out were just pre-cautionary measures that the Bengals took, he’s good to go for week 1.
-Gresham remains day to day with no current updates as to his playing status, I would check before game-time, but it would be good to have a back up ready.
- RB Montario Hardesty Probable – Leg
- RB Chris Ogbonnaya Questionable – Ankle
- RB Trent Richardson Questionable – Knee
- WR Mohamed Massaquoi Probable – Concussion
- WR Travis Benjamin Probable – General Soreness
- TE Ben Watson Questionable – Undisclosed
- RB DeMarco Murray Probable – Wrist
- RB Phillip Tanner Probable – Hand
- WR Miles Austin Probable – Hamstring
- WR Dez Bryant Probable – Knee
- WR Andre Holmes Questionable – Knee
- TE Jason Witten Questionable – Stomach
-Demarco Murray, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant are all green lights, I’m expecting a good season opener tonight.
- RB Lance Ball Probable – Chest
- RB Knowshon Moreno Probable – Knee
- RB Ronnie Hillman Probable – Hamstring
- WR Andre Caldwell Probable – Ribs
- RB Jerome Harrison Out – Head
- RB Jahvid Best Out – Concussion
- RB Kevin Smith Questionable – Ankle
- RB Stefan Logan Questionable – Ankle
- WR Calvin Johnson Probable – Undisclosed
- WR Ryan Broyles Probable – Knee
-Megatron will play, and should be started even if he’s game-time decision, it really doesn’t matter.
-Kevin Smith sounds like he’s going to play Sunday, the Lions haven’t put out any news on him yet, so it’s a wait and see.
Green Bay Packers
- RB John Kuhn Probable – Ankle
- RB Brandon Saine Probable – Hamstring
- RB James Starks Questionable – Toe
- TE Andrew Quarless Out – Knee
- TE Jermichael Finley Probable – Quadriceps
- TE Tom Crabtree Questionable – Shoulder
- TE D.J. Williams Questionable – Groin
-Jermichael Finley sounds like he’s good to go after sitting out for 3 weeks, I’m not expecting anything huge from him though, they’ll most likely get him in there slowly.
- WR Andre Johnson Probable – Ribs
-Andre Johnson is fine, and will play against the Dolphins in their opener.
- RB Mewelde Moore Questionable – Ribs
- RB Delone Carter Questionable – Ribs
- WR Austin Collie Questionable – Concussion
- WR Ty Hilton Questionable – Shoulder
- WR Kris Adams Questionable – Head
-Collie has returned to practice fully and is expected to suit up against the Bears.
- RB Montell Owens Questionable – Knee
- RB Keith Toston Questionable – Hamstring
- TE Brett Brackett Questionable – Knee
Kansas City Chiefs
- QB Brady Quinn Questionable – Neck
- TE Tony Moeaki Probable – Knee
- WR Brian Hartline Probable – Calf
- WR Anthony Armstrong Probable – Shoulder
- RB Adrian Peterson Questionable – Knee
- WR Jarius Wright Probable – Ankle
- TE John Carlson Questionable – Knee
- TE Rhett Ellison Questionable – Knee
-Peterson is still questionable, the Vikings will definitely want to ease him in, and will only get minimal snaps when plugged in. I’m sitting him this week.
New England Patriots
- RB Tony Fiammetta Out – Personal
- RB Shane Vereen Questionable – Lower Leg
- TE Jake Ballard Out – Knee
- TE Visanthe Shiancoe Questionable – Undisclosed
New Orleans Saints
- RB Mark Ingram Probable – Knee
- RB Darren Sproles Questionable – Knee
- WR Adrian Arrington Questionable – Knee
-Sproles and Ingram are both green lights in their opener against the Redskins.
New York Giants
- RB Ahmad Bradshaw Probable – Hand
- WR Hakeem Nicks Questionable – Foot
- TE Travis Beckum Out – Knee
-Hakeem Nicks is expected to fully play tonight, not doubting it, he’s had a great recovery.
-Bradshaw listed as probable, but I’m still expecting a good workload for him, rookie David Wilson won’t get that much snaps, yet.
New York Jets
- RB Joe McKnight Questionable – Hamstring
- WR Santonio Holmes Probable – Ribs
- WR Jeremy Kerley Probable – Hamstring
- WR Chaz Schilens Questionable – Ankle
- WR Scotty McKnight Questionable – Knee
- WR Stephen Hill Questionable – Finger
- TE Dustin Keller Probable – Hamstring
- TE Jeff Cumberland Questionable – Concussion
-Really. I said fantasy relevant, I’m not so sure if I’ll ever put anything on here.
- QB Matt Leinart Probable – Thumb
- WR Jacoby Ford Questionable – Foot
- WR Denarius Moore Questionable – Hamstring
- PK Sebastian Janikowski Questionable – Groin
-Both Moore and Ford have been sidelined for quite some time now, their statuses are up in the air, but I’d look elsewhere right now.
- QB Michael Vick Probable – Ribs
- WR Riley Cooper Questionable – Upper Body
-Vick was never in danger of missing week 1 as reports say, making it through the entire game, who knows.
- RB Rashard Mendenhall Doubtful – Knee
- RB Isaac Redman Probable – Ankle
- WR Jerricho Cotchery Probable – Back
- WR Emmanuel Sanders Probable – Lower Body
- TE Heath Miller Probable – Ankle
-No, Mendenhall is such a huge risk at this point, I’m not even so sure why they have to announce that he might play, it’s just ridiculous if he does, I’m thinking week 3 or so.
San Diego Chargers
- QB Charlie Whitehurst Probable – Knee
- RB Ryan Mathews Doubtful – Shoulder
- RB Curtis Brinkley Questionable – Thigh
- WR Vincent Brown Out – Ankle
- WR Eddie Royal Probable – Groin
- WR Richard Goodman Probable – Groin
- PK Nate Kaeding Probable – Knee
-Ryan Matthews should be healthy somehow in weeks to come, but shouldn’t play in week 1, the Chargers just can’t afford it.
- RB Marshawn Lynch Questionable – Back
- WR Sidney Rice Probable – Shoulder
- WR Doug Baldwin Probable – Hamstring
- WR Ben Obomanu Questionable – Neck
- WR Golden Tate Questionable – Knee
- TE Zach Miller Probable – Concussion
-It came out of nowhere but we’re thinking Lynch should be okay for week 1, back spasms are usually easy to get over, but you’ll never know. He might also be facing a suspension with his off-field antics so watch out for updates.
-Carroll has announced both his WR’s are good to go Monday, Rice and Baldwin are green lights according to the coach.
San Francisco 49ers
- RB Brandon Jacobs Questionable – Knee
- WR Ted Ginn Questionable – Ankle
St. Louis Rams
- RB Daryl Richardson Probable – Hamstring
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- WR Arrelious Benn Probable – Knee
- TE Luke Stocker Questionable – Head
- WR Lavelle Hawkins Probable – Ankle
- RB Darrel Young Probable – Hamstring
- RB Evan Royster Probable – Knee
Follow me on Twitter @chrisdco
Good luck fellas!