Week 13 Injury Rundown
December 2, 2012 | ChrisDCo
We’re getting there Fakefootballers! We’re on week 13 and yes injuries hurt more than ever for playoff hopefuls, I’d say there’s always someone there on your waiver wire who can help though, worst case is you start a player who isn’t even playing, or is hurt. Check our week 13 Injury Rundown for some last minute decisions!
SEA @ CHI
- Matt Forte is listed as probable and will most likely suit up against the Seahawks this Sunday. He missed practice this week, but Chicago will need him. I’m thinking he’ll get his normal 16-18 touches but I wouldn’t count on the numbers. I have him in one of my teams and I’m starting Reggie Bush over him.
- Lance Briggs is listed questionable with an ankle injury but is said to not be serious. I’m expecting him to suit up and be ready.
- Marshawn Lynch is listed as probable but will suit up against the Bears defense.
- Sidney Rice is listed as questionable with a calf injury, I know he’s played through tons of injuries, but he’ll also see a lot of Charles Tillman today.
MIN @ GB
- Percy Harvin is missing his third straight game now, and I hate to say this but he seems like he’s going to miss more time.
- Greg Jennings is finally coming back after a long lay-off and should be limited coming in. I’d say Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson are decent WR1’s despite Jennings coming back, only for this game though.
- The Packers’ defense is still banged up with Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson and Sam Shields all sitting out.
SF @ STL
- Danny Amendola is listed as doubtful for this afternoon but should see a small number of snaps just like his 7 last week, maybe a little bit more. Nonetheless, I believe he should be sitting on your benches.
ARI @ NYJ
- Beanie Wells might’ve gotten 2 TD’s last week, but he only averaged 2.8 yards on 17 carries. He’s playing through a questionable tag this afternoon against a maybe equal run defense with the Jets. I’d say he might vulture a couple of TD’s but if I can play someone else, I will.
- Andre Roberts is going to be a game-time call this Sunday, and things can’t get worse for the Cardinals’ passing game. Larry Fitzgerald is going to face a lot of Cromartie this game if Roberts doesn’t play and with Ryan Lindley throwing the ball, I’d forget the Cardinals all together.
CAR @ KC
- I smell a very sneaky spot start here for DeAngelo Williams with the Daily Show out. The Chiefs’ run defense is as shady as it gets. It’d also be better if Tamba Hali doesn’t play with a questionable tag.
IND @ DET
- Mikel Leshoure is listed as probable and is expected to have his normal carries. The Lions are desperate for a win, and Mikel Leshoure is going to get a lot of goal-line looks with their potent offense.
JAC @ BUF
- Mularkey insists that he still hasn’t decided how snaps will be played out against the Bills with both MJD and Jalen Parmele out with injuries. Many are expecting Rashad Jennings to get the full load on the ground but I think we’re gonna see a lot of throws from Chad Henne more than anything. Now Rashad has also proven to be able to catch the ball so I doubt if Owens and newly signed Jordan Todman will see any looks. Jennings should be an excellent spot start against the Bills here.
NE @ MIA
- I’m not really going to read more into the Patriots’ IR, because it’s the same stuff every week and everyone plays. Gronkowski though, is still out nursing an arm injury and rumor has it that he’s targeting a week 14 return.
- Julian Edelman has made a name for himself in two weeks, and is also listed as probable with a concussion but practiced. With the way things are going with New Englands’ IR, I’d say he’s definitely a start in return leagues.
- Daniel Thomas is listed as probable again with the same ankle injury and will continue to eat into Reggie Bush’s carries.
HOU @ TEN
- Ben Tate is still out.
- The only other thing to take note here is that Jonathan Joseph is also out with a hamstring injury so that is going to be a plus for the Titans’ receivers. But again, that plus will always depend on how much you trust these guys.
TB @ DEN
- Demaryius Thomas is listed as probable but is all green and ready to rock.
CIN @ SD
- Mohamed Sanu is out so I’m expecting a lot more looks for A.J. Green.
CLE @ OAK
- We actually might see some of Darren McFadden this afternoon, and I wouldn’t be surprised if his stats don’t show up again. He’s been a let down for his owners this season and quite frankly, I don’t see how he could turn it around with his history of playing hurt. Marcel Reese is playing great so I couldn’t see how they can go more of his way.
- On a side note, bad weather is expected in Oakland so if the game does go through, I’d say it’s going to be run, run and more run. So I’d say Trent Richardson will still be an RB1 despite the ugly weather.
PIT @ BAL
- Big Ben Roethlisberger is out with a rib injury and we’re expecting to see Charlie Batch at the helm. It’s looking bad for the Steelers, especially for Antonio Brown hopefuls who’s finally back after being out for a while.
- The only thing I might think of playing here is the Pittsburgh defense, and take note, might, because they’re probably getting Troy Polamalu back. They’re still missing the services of their top LB in Lamarr Woodley though.
PHI @ DAL
- LeSean McCoy is also out and Bryce Brown is replacing him. I’m not too high on Brown simply because I can’t judge his game against the Carolina defense. It’s really just something you can’t gauge a player on. I’m not keeping my hopes up and even if a lot of people say he’s borderline RB1 or a high ceiling RB2, I say he’s a safe flex play.
- Michael Vick is out and I don’t see him coming back this season. Expect another start from Nick Foles.
- DeSean Jackson was placed on the IR and might forgo the season as well. Riley Cooper is going to draw the start.
- DeMarco Murray is coming back and should be on a limited work load. He’s expected to split carries with Felix Jones.
- Miles Austin is listed as questionable but is expected to play. I wouldn’t recommend starting him even if he’s your WR2 or 3, his fragile history doesn’t really give us much comfort in starting him at such a crucial stage.
NYG @ WAS
- Besides the Giants’ intangibles I don’t see much reporting in their offense. The Giants’ defense, though, is hurting. Justin Tuck is listed as probable and should be a go barring a setback, but Jason Pierre-Paul is listed as questionable with a back injury. Kenny Philips is also listed as doubtful so it might be harder to contain the Skins especially with a healthy Pierre Garcon for RG3 to throw to.
That’s all for this week! Good luck ladies and gents!
Please follow me on twitter @chrisdco for any questions, comments or suggestions!